Finally someone speaks out LOUDLY about the retarded Vatican church's opposition to condom use.
This article was taken from a story on NEWS.COM.AU
Seriously they are fucking people up! I mean in Africa, people are so religious so they decide to have sex without condoms because they listen to the pope and BAM! they got HIV! What the hell is wrong with these people? People are always going to have sex! Why not set a good example about using protection than just being evil and telling them that it is ok to have unprotected sex. Even if you waited to marriage, your partner could still have HIV! It is like they want us Africans to keep passing HIV to each other! Thats just sick!SUPERMODEL Gisele Bundchen stepped into the debate over birth control and sexual behaviour in Brazil today, saying Church opposition to condom use was ridiculous and women should have the right to choose on abortion.
Gisele is idolised by many young women in Brazil, the world's largest Roman Catholic country, where debate over sexual issues has intensified around a visit by Pope Benedict last month.
The Pope stressed the Church's firm opposition to abortion and contraception and railed against sex outside of marriage.
The Brazilian beauty, one of the world's top models, told Folha de S.Paulo newspaper in an interview that when the Church made its laws centuries ago, women were expected to be virgins.
"Today no one is a virgin when they get married ... show me someone who's a virgin!" she said.
Asked about abortion, she said a woman should have the right to choose what is best for her.
"If she thinks she doesn't have the money or the emotional condition to raise a child, why should she give birth?"
Gisele, who had just arrived from New York to take part in Rio de Janeiro's Fashion Week, also defended condom use.
"It's ridiculous to ban contraceptives - you only have to think of the diseases that are transmitted without them. I think it should be compulsory to use a contraceptive."
The Brazilian government has clashed with the church over anti-AIDS programs in which it distributes millions of free condoms and Health Minister Jose Temporao has called for a national referendum on abortion.
Other Brazilian celebrities have fallen foul of the Vatican over sex issues. Singer Daniela Mercury was banned from performing at a Vatican Christmas concert in 2005 because she took part in a campaign promoting condom use to prevent AIDS.
21 comments:
If people are so religious to listen to the Church about condom use, then they should be religious enough to listen to the Church about sexual activity. The Church has never said "if you're going to have sex outside of marriage, don't use a condom." The Church says "No sex outside of marriage" AND "No contraception", it's both, not either-or. If people do not want to follow the teachings of the Church, they should not call themselves Catholic. If they want to be Catholic, they must follow ALL of the Church's teachings. Simple as that. God bless.
I agree one-hundred percent. The problem is that people want to change religion to fit their own personal views insted of making their personal views conform to religion. It would be a completely different debate if someone was actually trying to argue the point based on some religious text or doctrine, but they have nothing to support their position other than "I think that..." I don't understand how people claim to believe in a religion, but when the religion clearly holds a certain position, they argue about it. Again, it would be one thing if the person acknowledges that the religion forbids a certain thing, and that if they engage in it they are sinful. But what i'm seeing is a situation where people act like their own opinion can invalidate God's law. How ridiculous. Most likely these people don't REALLY believe in their religion.
I just want to say how offended I am!! I am 22 years old..got married when I was 20 and I was a VIRGIN when I got married, and so was my husband. I have 2 friends who got married several months after me and both of them and their spouses were virgins! So yes...people do get married virgins. That is the best present that you could give to your spouse. I love the Lord and how sad it is to see people like this supermodel not honoring and glorifying him. If you open His Word, it clearly says that abortion is wrong and so is sex outside of marriage.
I converted to Catholicism shortly after I was married. I have since canceled my subscription. Too many ridiculous rules and guilt trips to deal with. I just can't imagine what Jesus would think if he attended and watched the process of communion at mass. OK people, line up...oh, by the way, you don't get to take communion, Mr. Jones. I understand your Presbyterian church burned down last week but we take the sacrament of communion very seriously and you are not allowed to share it with us today. By the way, we are taking a special collection for some over-populated third world country if you would like to donate. Peace be with you.
My mother was a virgin when she got married,I was a virgin when I got married , my daughter was a virgin on her wedding day. an my Granddaughter was a virgin when she got married. Only women with loose morals are not virgins untill married. Premaridal sex is a sin before God . I have a 19 year old son who is waiting for marriage to have sex.
I would like to address your comments as follows:
To assume that EVERYONE is having sex prior to marriage is exemplifying a lack of worldly knowledge. There are many of us who were virgins when we married and are raising our children to be the same. To believe that we are nothing better than animals who cannot control their sexual desires is insulting.
With regard to abortion, I've worked with women who have had abortions and the guilt and pain they carry for the rest of their lives is much greater than the stress caused by those who chose to give birth and either place their baby up for adoption to parents they chose or to raise the baby themselves. I've seen all of the sides of this issue. The bottom line is the same... abortion kills a baby and chisels at the heart of the baby's mother for the rest of her life.
With regard to contraception, if both are virgins the worry of a STD are pretty much eliminated. To believe that condoms are the cure all is a bit naive; condoms do not always prevent pregnancy as they break and the HIV virus is smaller than pores of the condom therefore condoms do not prevent the spread of HIV at all.
Truly the best answer is to teach our young women to have self respect and to know that their value in life is much greater than their appearances or their sensual appeal. Unfortunately media does the opposite.
My heart breaks for the day you give birth and for the future of your daughter if your viewpoint is so low of her before she even has a chance at life.
Hopefully you will take the time to do a little research before you broadcast your opinions to the general public. I understand that this is a great way for you to obtain additional media attention, however, I'm confident that you could find a more positive way to do so, if you put your mind to it.
Best regards,
Joanna
This is what happens when desires take over. This woman is loudly and clearly saying, "I love to have sex" in public and to the church. Condoms promote the use of sex! I am not perfect and I'm not a virgin which I regret. Over time I realized how important it is to not have sex before marriage. Silly me, I was influenced by people just as her when I was a teen. Developing my faith in chrisianity has helped me alot. We are beautiful creatures that god has created, we should appreciate that and respect it. She is fighting for sexual pleasures, nothing more.
Good comments one and all. Pretty much covered all the ground I intended to. I am not necessarily a religious person but rather, more spiritual. To me, religion is a man made device, and rules concerning what, or what isn't acceptable behavior has changed so much through the centuries (but I doubt God has changed, or needed to change). Nevertheless I do have a lot of repect for the beliefs of others. Who knows, in the end, theirs may have been the right belief all along. I think her requests demonstrate the level of her vanity and audacity. She needs to look in her own heart and decide for herself if she feels her behaviors are in conflict with the church. Then, she can choose to either curb the behaviors, or rethink her allegience to the dogma of the church, just like every other human being must consider when their lifestyle or desires present a conflict with the church of their belief. Do it and recognize you are sinning,...don't do it and be in accordance with church teachings, or Do it with the comfort of faith that it is not wrong, despite what the church says (and hence, no longer subscribing to their beliefs any more). You know, you can actually bring your questions and burdens directly to God!! Without running it through the church. It is called prayer and relection.
I am a young woman, married almost three years, and was a virgin on my wedding night. Miss Bundchen, has no right to make such a broad statement,and inferring that no one remains a virgin until marriage, anymore.
Gisele, perhaps you have no morals, but let's not assume everyone out there is so eager to jump into bed with every Tom, Dick or Leo!!!
Once again the elitists want to change the Church and the world to comply to their selfish desires. I accept that people do not agree with the Church but comments that no woman is a virgin when she is married demeans women. In other words no women believes that she is so special that only the man she marries will have the honor of making love to her. No greater a gift may a woma give to her husband. The Catholic religion never said that being a Catholic is easy.
Great post Joanna. Right up until those last couple of paragraphs. One thing that turns MANY of us non-church members away is the thinly veiled condecension which is prevelant in many church members. Just because it is stated eloquently doesn't prevent it from sounding judgemental and pretentious. I know this has been my personal experience over and over again. I read the bible. I fellowship with like minded people with christian values (living them, every day, not just on Sundays). But every time I try, again, to get back into the church worship I am discouraged by the "holier than thous" that occupy every pew around me, or so it seems. Regrettably most of these avid church goers RAIL about the sinners and their sinful acts, are quick to recognize and point out your perceived shortcomings. You are weighed, measured, and evaluated (judged). Frankly being in this environment actually makes it much more challenging for me to be a christian. And I wish the church members, most with good intent, would recognize this. If you are not preaching to the proverbial choir, then you must be careful about making value judgements and statements, even if they were not intended as such, they often sound this way. I look at the life of Jesus, who spent a significant part of it in the company of lepers, prostitutes, and others who were such bottom dwellers in those times that they weren't even aloud NEAR the temple. Yet Jesus brought his message of love to them. He mingled with the sinners, who most needed to be nurtured and directed. It was his love and radiance that were the power of his message, even love and radiance for those who persecuted and killed him!! WOW!! That is some powerful stuff!! Where did this get lost along the way? I am doubtful the church members I have encountered would even want such a dreg of society on their front lawn, much less opening up their homes and hearts to such people. They would prefer to play bridge with other like minded christians while they gossip about the sinners (and pray that their own daughters don't meet up with one). Shameful, and a huge turn to young people who might otherwise be attracted to the church. Is this what Jesus would do?
-JB
If you want people to respect your beliefs and views, you must be willing to respect theirs, even if you don't agree with them. The last two paragraphs of Joanna's post are pretty insulting, personal, and completely unnecessary to make her point. I agree JB
The tone of some of these posts sure aren't sounding very christian to me. Maybe instead of continuing to condemn her, and letting your anger seep into your remarks, you should instead simply pray for her. A mild form of what one of the other posters stated turns him away from the church.
Dear Gisele,
I have two daughters that are virgins: Sarah who is 22 years old, and Marta who is 19 years old. I bit the dust at age 15 and am still paying for my, let's call it what it is: SIN.
I'm forgiven and once I understood that God is the creator of sex, within marriage....to procreate and for pleasure within those beautiful boundaries; I got it.
After giving up two beautiful baby girls for adoption, actually before I gave birth to Marta...I stopped having sex. I waited not only til' I was engaged, but until my wedding night. That was seven years after I gave birth to Marta.
Adoption is no pic-nic for anybody: birth-mother, adoptive parents, or babies given up for adoption. Adoption is a beautiful option and it is a CHILD, not a CHOICE!!!! You can't tell me that killing your unborn child is a good thing, just because it might inconvenience you...or because you are too selfish to give your baby up for adoption.
I rather enjoyed the experience of giving birth to these beautiful girls and now have a relationship with both of them. Had abortion been legal in the 60's; I wouldn't be writing this. My mom wanted to have a choice; I'm thankful that, by law, she didn't have a choice.
So here I am, by God's grace.......teaching my now young son, age 8, and young daughter, age 10: To Wait Until Your Married and in so doing you will not only honor God, but your body and your self regard.
I will pray for you, that you will be a better role model. Until then, just stick to being a model!
Sincerely,
Anonymous
I was up with Miss Gisele right up until the point where she made the comment about virginity. Who is she to make such a statement? Not everyone in the world is like Miss Gisele and her drug addicted supermodel friends. Its people like this woman who make it difficult to hold onto their chastity - making them feel as if they're freaks for doing so. Maybe we wouldn't have the problem with abortion if women weren't sleeping around. Maybe we wouldn't have the skyrocketing divorce rate, brought on by people who've had so many sex partners before marriage they don't know how to cope with monogamy. And maybe this model should go live her own life instead of trying to force on the rest of us her values - or lack thereof/
I don't think she was forcing her values on anyone. She is just wanting the church to rationalize her beliefs about sex and abortion. If the Church proclaimed premarital sex and abortion was now okay to do,....would that make YOU decide to do it? Or, would you still not make up your mind for yourself. Take responsibility for your own values. They are yours!
Where's the condemnation of Islam about the way women are considered property ?
I think Ms Gisele should rethink her comments. She states that "contraceptives have prevented sexually transmitted diseases". I assume she must be speaking of only of condoms, since contraceptives only prevent conception ie. pregnancy. Her comments on virginity are equally unintelligent. Catholic or not, maintaining Virginity is the best way to prevent unwanted teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease. 'The Pill' although great in concept just doesn't seem to work well in teenage practice. Condoms and 'the pill' are readily available in the USA, however Teen pregnancy is at an all time high. Pushing Premarital sex only worsens the situation. You don't even need to be a Christian to accept these statements as common sense.
A perfect example of someone, whose livelihood is based on the superficial nature of society, spouting off on a topic she knows nothing about. Too bad oral contraceptives don't prevent people from talking - she could put them to good use.
The church has valid reasons for its positions - such as the basic idea that each life has dignity and worth, from the moment of conception to the time of natural death. Each life is a gift from God, not something to be disposed of because it is inconvenient. If we can dispose of one group of people (pre-born), what is to prevent us from doing so to other groups, after birth? This is already advocated in some circles - seriously handicapped infants would be better off if they were euthanized, as the thinking goes. Why not forced sterilization? Why not Nazi Germany, 1944? "Freedom to choose!" as the pro-abortion crowd sez. They do not have the balls to even finish the sentence. Freedom to choose - death for my unborn child. Death for my elderly mother. Death for my handicapped cousin. They are so costly and inconvenient to take care of, you know.
45 Million dead since Roe. What music have we not heard, what songs have gone unsung as a result? What cures for disease did we do away with, along with the inconvenient child who was never born? This is the legacy of Ms. Gisele's position. I for one will never ascribe to it, and will continue to teach my children and others of the profound wrongness of such thinking. We should all pray for her, and those like her.
So many people get caught up in Religion instead of Relationship with our Risen Savior. God's Word is God's word...His manual for us to live to best life He has for us. Sadly, most of the people who are speaking about these topics are NOT in a relationship with Him and therefore they do not understand fully what they are talking about. Giselle is a beautiful woman, but she lives "in the world". I agree with the statement that one blogger made that we need to pray for her and those like her. I had the same viewpoints as Giselle before I met Jesus and now I see things the way they are, not the way the world wants us to see them. I see the Truth. Let us Pray for God to open the eyes of their hearts. Praise You father because You Never Fail!
one of my main problems with the christian community is so many of them are absolute hypocrites. jesus preached about tolerance and acceptance of others and yet so many of them blast people for their views. everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and not get shut down for them. if this is what gisele believes then she has a right to believe and to speak out about her beliefs. i'm catholic but the strict rules and ignorance of some of my fellow christians really turns me off religion all together. please don't misunderstand me, this is not aimed at all christians, just the ones that feel the need to criticise others and say unbelieveably insulting comments such as:
'My heart breaks for the day you give birth and for the future of your daughter if your viewpoint is so low of her before she even has a chance at life. '
to be honest my heart breaks for you, as that comment was totally uncalled for and out of line. you're obviously not practising the tolerance that jesus preached.
Post a Comment