Some times when I sleep for 3 hours I wake up and feel refreshed but then if I sleep for 4 hours I feel exhausted... So i thought to myself why this is. I figured that it must be because we sleep in patterns but my house mate Katya disagreed. She said that she has to have a full sleep or she feels tired if woken up in the middle... and guess what, I WAS RIGHT. According to Glen Rhodes of Glenrhodes.com we sleep in 90 minute intervals. So if you wake up after 3 hours or after taking a 1hr 30 min nap, you feel refreshed. I am not saying that this applies to EVERYONE... because for some it might be 2 hour intervals... especially not you Katya but it does apply to a lot of people... Sometimes when I am about to to board a plane I try to stay up as long as I can so that I can fall asleep on the plane but I usually fall asleep and wake up after an hour and a half... and feel refreshed... and I used to think it was because I was scared of airplanes but it is because of the sleeping cycle... having said this, it might not be true... I totally believe it is but what do yall think?
Response to Anonymous, you teacher was on something. Who wakes up after 45 minutes and feels refreshed?
1 comment:
excuse me you crazy lady... but i think its 45 minute intervals that you sleep in- my health teachers used to say it ALL the time.
Post a Comment