Monday, June 4, 2007

friendship


I have realized that there are five types of friends.

The first is the "Thelma and Louise friend". These kind of friends are the ones that you have a special bond spiritually and mentally. If you had to take a bullet for them, literally, you would and so would they for you. These are the friends that even if you didn't talk for 2 years, you would know that they think about you all the time and that if you were to meet today, it would be as if no time had passed.

The second is the "True Friend". These kind of friends are the ones that always think about you and will always go the extra mile, to make sure that you are happy and if not, they do their best to help you solve your issues without alienating you. They ask enough questions to find out how you are doing and genuinely want to know how everything is going.

The third is the "Friend". These friends care for you and love you however they will take you at face value and wont question what you tell them. For example if you lie to them and tell them that you are happy, they will be like 'ok'.

The fourth is the 'Friend of convenience". These friends are the ones that you talk to when you are at a party or are alone however they would not go out of their way to help you or genuinely want to know how you are. They may also ask you for favors but never really pay it back in any way or form.

The fifth is the "Friend by association". These friends were someone else's friend but you met them and they talk to you when they see you but it is superficial.


After going through a tough day I have realized that I have "thelma and louise friends" and "true friends". Hours after writing my last statement, people were calling me (Cho Cho), baking me cupcakes and buying me a bottle of lemonade (Katya and Xtina) and I thought they were all sweet. I just wanted to say thank you to the people I am referring to because you really helped me out today and I will always love you for that.


Thanks!

No comments: