Wednesday, June 6, 2007

are you more equal?


Is one persons life worth more than another? It seems so. When an Iraqi dies, it is just a number but when an American dies, its a face. I just think it is really sad. I mean I felt so bad for the people who died on September 11 and their families because it was such an atrocious evil act done on undeserving people. However at the same time I feel bad for the people in Africa who die everyday because they are poor or have HIV or Malaria... I feel bad for the Iraqi's who are being killed in Iraq by the US soldiers and Insurgents... I feel bad for the people in Russia who are being victimized racially for being different. I feel bad for all the people in South Africa who are suffering a backlash from the ever growing racial tension. I feel bad for all the people in India who suffer from poverty. I feel bad for everyone who suffers and I don't understand why other people can't. Why cant we look at people as people and not categorize them based on their riches, race or country they are from. We need to be able to look at people as people and not as 1st, 2nd 3rd class, Developing and undeveloping. Such a shame.

No comments: